Monday, July 1, 2013

Maryland Crabcakes

Maybe it comes from being from New England but for some reason every Summer I get the hankering for fish. Catfish and shellfish are my favorites, followed in close second by any firm white fish that can be battered and fried.

I have yet to make these beauties first hand but I have eaten them and they are divine. I found the recipe while digging around in my recipe box and couldn't resist sharing. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound Maryland crab meat
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 tsp old bay seasoning
  • 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
  • 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tsp dry mustard
  • 1 1/2 cups cracker or bread crumbs
Directions:
  1. In a bowl, mix together eggs, mayonnaise, seasonings, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard.
  2. Add crab meat; mix evenly and gently. Add crumbs evenly.
  3. Shape into 6 cakes and saute in oil for 5 minutes on each side.

No comments:

Post a Comment